Второй конкурс англо-русско-английского экономического перевода им. А. В. Аникина
Задания 2-го тура
2-й тур проводился в дистанционном режиме, задания рассылались участникам по электронной почте. На выполнение задания отводилось ровно 2 часа + 15 минут на решение проблем со связью и почтой. Задание состояло из следующих 20 предложений, которые было необходимо перевести на русский язык.
Версия для печати (2005_2.rtf).
- Open field farmers shared communal farm tools.
- A poll tax is necessarily regressive.
- High inflation may cause a flight from money.
- Many observers argue that e-cash is likely to disintermediate banks.
- A consumer advocacy group seeks to force a ban on sales of the antidepressant X
- The deadweight loss of using a tax on labour income instead of a lump-sum tax was only about 2.5% of the revenue raised.
- Moreover, in countless articles, he has made recent developments in mathematical economics accessible to literary economists.
- If there is a default on a co-signed loan you will be responsible for paying all outstanding debt.
- Slavery was well-adapted to "effort-intensive" activities such as mining and sugar production, but not to "care-intensive" assignments such as olive oil, wine, and animal husbandry.
- The most widely advocated remedy for fiscal drag is the indexation of tax thresholds.
- When it comes to the incentives to work and to save, it is difficult to see how fiscal neutrality can be achieved.
- When a secured creditor has taken the required steps to perfect his lien, the lien is senior to any liens that arise after perfection.
- We must avoid common problems with data mining or data dredging that result in overfitting and failure of the predictive model to validate new subjects.
- Another useful distinction is between quote-driven and order-driven trading mechanism.
- We can not distinguish class dealignment from class realignment or from compositional changes within a class.
- The entry into the WTO will exert an impact on the traditional trades in China by breaking up the original employment pattern.
- Affirmative action may mean affirmative recruitment, in which an employer or organization makes special efforts to recruit and reach out to women and minorities.
- Debates about housing classes and collective consumption during the 1960s and 1970s led some sociologists to claim that consumption-based, rather than production-based, cleavages are of increasing significance.
- The underlying values parecon seeks to implement are equity, solidarity, diversity, and participatory self management.
- When the retailer`s opportunity cost of shelf space is known, full-line forcing, brand discounts, and maximum resale price maintenance are sufficient to achieve the monopolist manufacturer`s first best profit.